Tuesday, July 21, 2009

TASK 8

1 point for exploring:
I viewed the the Glogster tutorial and the Minnesota State University tutorial pages. I did go to the Tools in their Classroom page from the Educational Workshop and viewed the many uses for Glogster projects. Those really are inspiring and I will share this with the History Department as project opportunities. I also read through the 4teachers sites you included.
1 point for creating a Glogster or using another tool
I posted my poster for you to see.

1 point for your blog:
WHERE DO THEY FIND THE NAMES FOR THESE TOOLS? I seem to be lost in the creativity of this process Imaybe they are they same folks who make up the names for OPI nail polish. I must be really old school.

I absolutely loved this tool. It allows the use of a visual literacy skill that takes a little practice and will make us look like a genius! As many posters as we do in class this tool can make the process fun. I liked that they included the use of the term 3-D as a communication skill for the 21st Century. The skills used in Glogster allow for the opportunity to collaborate and to employs inquiry-based learning. Glogster allows students to process new information and to solve problems in a performance activity that a traditional approach would not. I like that video clips can be inserted into the poster which reminds me of the Harry Potter pictures that are moving in their frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment