Task 7 - Collaboration
1 point for exploring (remember, you don't have to do everything--just look at what might interest you).
Thanks for that reminder……that we don’t have to do it all!
I viewed the Wiggio site and the animated character, Jack, is me many days. I would like to have a way to unify all the messaging centers that I am part. It sounds like something to talk with Jose in UD about using.
WallWisher is a good collaborative tool but as stated it’s best usage is between teachers.
I reviewed the Twitter tutorial "In Plain English" about its uses and agree that we need to see different sides of ourselves between blogs and class. I find that I use Facebook more than twitter…perhaps it is because I am not always on the computer and I don’t have the type of cell phone that can accommodate that application and I don't want to be that connected.
I posted a sticky note on your Wall about my favorite 2.0 tool.
I did not view the Skype site because I Skype at home with family and did not feel the need to review the material. Skype is such a great way to stay connected with the grandsons and daughters when I need a family fix. I know that you have those feeling being so far from family.
I loved the Flash Cards. I took the video tour. I think I will use this one with my students because my course has many, many vocabulary key terms that they must become comfortable with to be successful.
1 point for contributing something to the collaborations I set up for you
Posted a sticky note for you
1 point for your blog
Collaboration is so important. This whole social networking phenomenon has become part of our culture and we need to be part of it. This fall I am using a blog for my psychology classes with an RSS feed to the American Psychological Association site and Psychology Today magazine. I wanted to use the blog as a tool not only to further our connection beyond the textbook’s material but to get students to interact, to think and to communicate their ideas in hopes that we can spur further discussion on a topic. I want students not just to memorize material but to analyze, apply and think critically about what they read. I am excited that I can be actively using 21st century skills and that simple blogging is a way to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment