Sunday, July 19, 2009

TASK 6

Task 6 – Digital Storytelling
1 point for documenting resources you explore:

Listed are the sites I explored:
The University of Houston’s Education Uses for digital storytelling – cool site and since I have been on their campus and had some of their student teachers in my class, I thought the site was well-done, very informational and easy to follow.
I viewed the Intro to Digital Storytelling with Daniel Meadow and his “time machine” video.
I viewed the Youtube google video “Discovering Digital Stories with Daryll Bellingham.
I played with and created a card with Kerpoof. Viewed their tutorial on creating a Kerpoof product.
I read Bob Sprankle, Kevin Jarrett and Wes Fryer’s pages on digital storytelling.
The Nasa site contains awesome pictures but I don’t need to use them for my classes
Xtranormal is clever but not for me.


1 point for a Kerpoof or Animoto story. If you choose Animoto, email it to my gmail account, please.

Created a Kerpoof card about Earth Day and posted it!

1 point for reflections in your blog about digital storytelling:

The definition of digital storytelling states that this tool combines the use of a computer-based format to tell a story that focuses on a specific topic, personal view, historical theme or current event. I found that the most interesting approach for use in class was one that would not be used by teachers but more by the students. The concept of a voice + an image + sound = makes a digital story is so simple. I thought Daryll Bellingham’s suggestion to use it for a 2-5 minutes story made it an easy assignment for any student to complete. I particularly liked Wes Fryer’s listing for learner outcomes which included; to explore, to understand, to use resources and strategies and to include a voice over. That makes it easy to document skills for mapping!!!!!
That said, this storytelling tool has great potential in the LD and MD. I see more limited use in UD yet it has some stronger possibilities in English literature classes. It was fun to explore and play with all the sites, I learned a lot, experienced some new areas and truly enjoyed the opportunity to know about them. I will share these with my daughter- the second grade reading teacher who will be thrilled to know about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment