Monday, July 19, 2010

TASK 8 - 2G's -Glogster and Google

1 point for exploring:

Lots of exploring for me on this task.  I seem to have gotten lost in time but did fine new uses for Glogster.  I viewed tutorials for basic Glog understanding at Glogster.edu  This tutorial by Traci Blazosky was one that I found most useful.  Brenda's Blog for Educational World  was filled with good, solid examples of making a glog useful and not just for decoration.  I was very impressed at the complexity of information found on a couple of those glogs.  Now I understand the concept of  "cloud" !!!!!!  I know that recent in-service tech presentation there was a push on using it and somewhere I decided that it is going to come our way soon.  I will anticipate the future tech training about this in the coming year.  I viewed Tammy Worcester's Basic How-To site and viewed the Common Craft presentation for Share Point.  So, doesn't a Wiki have the capability for group projects too?  Actually I wanted to join Monique on her island getaway!   I viewed How to use Google Docs in a classroom  and it clarified classroom usage for me.  My brain is very full right now of ideas to use!

1 point for creating a Glogster or getting acquainted with Google Docs:
I am so excited that I could log on and was able complete the task after my earlier disaster with VT. 
You can see what I posted on the page about my Advisory group. 



1 point for your blog telling whether you think any of these will be useful in your classroom:
Where could I use these technologies? 
I was so excited to be able to embed the glog and that is what I plan to get my students to do!  I want them to create a Public Service poster/announcement about a mental health disorder.  I foresee them being able to iincorporate pictures, YouTube videos, a personal narration all on a glog, and them embed it on the class blog.  How cool is that!  I am so anxious to try this out.  I know the students (who are so tech savvy) can jump right in and produce some awesome results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment