This is my favorite of all the assignments!
I feel like a kid in a candy store and I want to taste everything I see. I am a visual learner who loves color and images but I can end up with a case of "sensory overload". I spent my time exploring some sites I had not visited before: Compfight; PictureSandbox, Smart history, and Spell with Flickr (it's an inspiration for a future syllabus that I must distribute in class and even to the class blog). I played with the poster feature for Bighugelabs and you will see my creation in the next question's response. I viewed the U Tech Tip to remind me how to join Flickr and I did join. Some of these sites hold promise for a future in-class assignment. I do have concerns about Flickr's suitablity for some of its photos and I will not post my personal pictures there. PictureSandbox will be very useful as I need photos to illustrate emotions and mental situations. I tried several key terms and was successful each time...hurrah! SmartHistory sounded promising but I did not get the results I wanted. Spell with Flickr is a blast!
I have an amusing anecdote to share. As I viewed your screencast for Compfight, my cat, Sam, heard your voice and had to come see what I was doing. Apparently she loves the sound of your voice and kept wanting to sit on my keyboard to get closer to you. She would not move until your screencast was completed. You maybe another Pied Piper!
1.5 points--Talk about ways you might use some of the tools in your classroom on your blog or post some of the things you created using the Snip tool. Here's how to add photos to your blog.
My moment of inspiration came while using Bighugelab. In Honors Psychology we cover an historical overview psychology's origins along with the people who were instrumental in its development. It can be a little tedious and dry material. So here is where I want to put the poster idea to work. Using some psychological websites for background information, I will have students created a poster of their assigned psychologist and include something that is unique to each man. This activity will be a less formal way of introducing the material as students create their own poster. Each one in turn will provide a quick informational presentation about their psychologist. The class will comment to the presenter by adding connections to their psychologist through the various psychological perspectives, contributions and the impact on the field of psychology. It is an interactive, informational and simple to do assignment that I think thee kids will enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment