1 point for documented play and exploration. You may write about that on your blog or keep the record in the sheet you will turn in.
I could spend hours doing this part and I really did! Great ideas and I am excited to find THREE new ways to start my Psychology class first assignment… I particularly enjoyed the “13 Ways to Use Wordle in Education”. Actually there are 35 in the presentation and all good ideas. I think I will definitely use #19 suggestion of using as an image header for my new class blogs. J In addition, #25 use for vocabulary words is a must to make some of the technical terms in psychology a little more fun. The BEST suggestion was #35 as an Open House display for the parents to see!
1 point for creating a Wordle and save it to the gallery. Copy the URL from the Gallery View. Save it as a Diigo bookmark.
Yeah I did it!
Title: Neuroscience and psychology
http://www.wordle.net/gallery/wrdl/969426/Neuroscience_in_psychology
1 point for blogging about it some of the ways you think it might be useful to you and your students. If you are daring, you can try to embed it in your blog.
Mindmaps are the "in" word for psychology as we do study the cognitive processes of the brain. It is clever way to see how we can link thought patterns and how uniquely each of us think.
My first thought is to use Wordle when we read our outside reading assignment. Students have to create a book review and a Wordle could be a super visual to include as part of their impression of the book.
This may be a bit repetitious from the above documentation and play portion, but I think I will definitely use #19 suggestion of using as an image header for my new class blogs. In addition, #25 use for vocabulary words is a must to make some of the technical terms in psychology a little more fun. The BEST suggestion was #35 as an Open House display for the parents to see!
I thought Vocabgrabber was an interesting application and will try to use it in the future. The other sites Wordsift, Websiration and Text2Mindmap may have some application value but my brain can hold only so many new ideas at a time.
I am not ready to embed and got a little lost in the process. It will have to be for another day!
No comments:
Post a Comment