Sunday, June 21, 2009

TASK 1

1. How would you define web 2.0?
Web 2.0 is a unique way to use both a creative and an analytical knowledge to create new ways of viewing knowledge in a non-traditional way for 21st century students.

2. What three important things have you found out about 21st Century learners?

I am really going to have to change the way I present material to reach these digital minds
Interactive learning is a must.
There is a new Bloom’s Taxonomy for the digital age

3. Name some 21st Century skills and which ones do you think are most important?
Information literacy- the ability to access and evaluate information and how to use and manage information
Media literacy- the ability to analyze media and to create a media production
Informational, Communications and Technology literacy- the ability to apply technology effectively

4. Read this article and think about the assignments and assessment tools you have been using? Are you assessing 21st century skills? If so, what has worked well for you in this area? If not, what unit could you most easily change to begin to move your learners to acquiring information that will be remembered long after the test is over.

As a digital immigrant I have to be willing to modify my teaching techniques by becoming a facilitator for material and not the source. I need to engage my students using visual, kinesthetic and auditory processing skills. I use an interactive notebook system for World History which addresses information and media literacy usage. In Psychology class, I encourage the application of a theory/ concept to a real life application for optimal memory retention. Evidently, I have a long way to go to include more 21st century skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment