1 point for documented play and exploration. Do you think of Mind Mapping as a valuable tool for some learners?
I played and explored with vocabgrabber and really liked the visual effect as it is similar to Wordle. I spent most of the time playing with Imagination Cubed. I wanted to post my mind map but could not find the embed tab and gave up.
What another wonderful tool for students who have trouble taking linear style notes! The visual and kinesthetic learner have new choices for taking notes in class that make sense to them. I have used Mind Mapping many times but we used to call it "Graphic Organizers" in the past. History teachers frequently use this format to visually compress events like the Hundred Years War as a shorter method to explain the factors that caused it, influenced it and ended it.
1 point for creating a Wordle or MindMap. See if you can save it as a Diigo bookmark and share it with the group. Posted it on my blog.
1 point for blogging about it some of the ways you think it might be useful to you and your students. If you are daring, you can try to embed it in your blog
The value of this tool is that it expands the opportunities for a student to make an association using an image or word and to process it one more time for retention. I find that many students like to organize their notes using color and a mind map is a great way to do this as they problem solve. I really like to use mind maps in a review situation for concepts as it visually organizes words and ideas.

No comments:
Post a Comment